Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 September 2009

"Nikla..."

A better night last night. Tom woke up once - around 2am, I went in, settled him and walked out with out feeding him, thinking I didn't have a chance of him getting back to sleep as he was so awake and grunting. So I went back to bed and waited for him to get me up again. He didn't which is fantastic, but I woke up with a stiff neck as I fell asleep with my head propped up against my pillows waiting for him to wake me up - not good!

Oh hum, at least we all got a good night's sleep and Tom is a pretty happy baby today - sign of a good sleep. The morning saw us doing a circuit of Donnington - Asda, followed by the Library, followed by baby clinic. Tom has lost an ounce! I'm not worried. Came home, had lunch and Tom went for a sleep.

3pm saw us at St Matthew's School to pick up Hannah and Becca for Rose and Paul. Very scary waiting at the school gates, especially as I didn't really know where they would come out. I was in the wrong place, but Hannah found me without any trouble. It's very difficult to imagine Tom being at school and having to do this every day, still a long way off, thankfully. Hannah and Becca took it in turns to push Tom home and then I had an intensive 3 hour session with them: "Nikla, can I hold Tom", "Nikla, can you read this book to me", "Nikla what's this?", "Nikla can I sit in Tom's Bumbo?", "Nikla what's that photo of?", "Nikla can I see Tom's room?", "Nikla, can we put Tom in his cot?", "Nikla, what's this do?", "Nikla, can we take a photo?", "Nikla can we look at the photos on your camera?" and so on. Tom as usual suffered the girls really well until he got tired.

Not sure of breast feeding etiquette in front of 5 and 6 year old girls, I tried to hold off, but it was impossible, so I told them what I was going to do and did it. They weren't phased at all. I was worried, because I know neither of them were breast fed. Just goes to show that it really is natural and if little girls think it's normal, then it really is and some adults could really learn from them.

As a result of looking after the girls, we were a little late with Tom's routine, but he did ok. He had another picnic dinner, once again he went for the cheese big time, but he did taste everything else, although I wonder how much he did actually eat. He did well for breakfast and lunch today though, so I'm not too worried.

Sorry, no photo today - camera battery ran out.

No comments: