Search This Blog

Saturday 26 September 2009

A Useful Day

It didn't work! Although Tom missed a nap, he woke at midnight for a feed (he didn't eat very well yesterday), at 4am to say hello and again at 6am - where I fed him again, hoping if he had an early feed, he would eat breakfast willingly.

Once again I was wrong. As seems to be the case these days, his mouth was clamped shut. Matt had to make him laugh so I could feed him. Humpfh! I took Tom to swimming today, Matt didn't want to infect the other babies and parents. He wasn't as good as he has been, had some grizzles and missed one underwater swim. Nothing as bad as Shrewsbury though. Had a drink afterwards with Martin, Rose and Abi. Abi and Tom sat on the floor opposite each other and had a laughing contest. Was so funny, Tom would laugh and then Abi, then Tom, then Abi. They are both at the same stage of crawling and started creeping towards each other. Tom managed a good grab at Abi's tights - I had to tell him not to undress girls in public. Really, I don't know what his father has been teaching him about girls?

Tom fell asleep in the car home, so we waited for him to complete his nap before heading out again. Went to Long Lane for bacon sandwiches and then shopping - went to get Tom a toothbrush and toothpaste as apparently we should be brushing his teeth every night. We also went on a fruitless look for napisan, I've been told it is great for removing all stains from baby clothes, bibs etc, (I have a pile of clothes that are completely stained from food that even a boil wash doesn't remove) however, I can't find it anywhere. Anyone out there know where to get it?

The afternoon was spent being useful. I did my homework from my cake course - i.e. bake a cake, whilst Matt mowed the lawn, washed his car and cleared the shed. Tom had a picnic dinner - he won't take anything that is savoury from a spoon anymore, so it is easier just to put some things in front of him and let him choose his dinner. I need to get a bit more inventive with what I give him, time to look for some new baby cooking books I think.

Sorry for lack of photo today, we forgot.

2 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

try using an all over bib, usually a plastic type material - can't get food on his clothes that way and saves on the washing...

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks for the advice, I got one for 99p two weeks ago which has been a god send and given the washing machine a break. Unfortunately the bibs and clothes got stained before we found it!