Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 September 2009

Tom and his woolly friends

Another bad night. Tom woke at 11pm, I didn't get him back to sleep until around 1am. He was awake again at 4. He did manage to take about 2 mouth fulls of weetabix for breakfast before refusing it.

Took him down to baby clinic this morning, he's lost 6oz this week, not surprising really considering how many meals he's missed. Had a long conversation with the HV, she said I was doing everything right, and to persevere. She said not to fight with him. She thinks he is teething, that there maybe some more teeth on their way through and as a result his gums are aching and he doesn't want anything in his mouth. Another suggestion was to use 'baby cocaine' before meals. She also said to offer him toast with every meal for him to chew on - even if he just licks the spread off it, that will help. I will try all this. Bought some cheap bread from Co-op.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I handed in my notice today. Left messages with both Jeremy and Richard. Richard took it in his stride. Jeremy was surprised, which surprised me! He thought I would come back part-time. However, he did admit that even if I took a part-time position, I would still be expected to be 24/7 which is something I don't want and would cause lots of stress.

So we did ok(ish) for lunch and dinner. Tom managed a little bit of bread and some ravioli for lunch and some breadsticks, chunks of veg and a fromage frais for dinner. I also tried him with some scrambled eggs - but they got the thumbs down. We had real trouble getting him settled for bed. He just would not settle and cried and cried. In the end we gave him calpol. Within 5 mins he was asleep (what do they put in it?). It must be his teeth giving him jip, poor thing. We will see how tonight goes...

No comments: