Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Fussy Eater

Sorry for lack of blog yesterday, bit busy as I had my first cake decorating lesson (7pm to 9pm) which is my usual catch up on blog time. I have a feeling Tuesdays from now on will be a bit light on blogging.

Yesterday, was a run of the mill day, nothing really to report Tom wise. One thing that sticks out is that he is getting more and more fussy with his food. For example on Monday I gave him avocado and banana for dinner. He refused it, would not go anywhere near it, lips were pursed shut and there was no room for negotiation. He ended up having a picnic dinner but didn't really eat anything. Yesterday for dinner I gave him avocado and banana again (the avocado would have gone off if left any longer) he lapped it up, couldn't get enough of it?????? Today he refused his breakfast, so I put him down for a nap, then tried again - he still wouldn't eat it. So, I got out a fromage frais - he lapped that up big time, so I then hid his weetabix under it which worked. I really can't work out how his mind works around food, he seems to change his likes and dislikes each day. I spent this morning preparing some tomatoes and butternut squash for him so he'll probably go off them now...

Cake decorating last night was good. The teacher was fab, a nice, homely granny type person who obviously knows her craft very very well. We are decorating two cakes this term, both I think with a Christmas theme. I have homework already - to bake a cake for next week. She gave me a recipe so I'm now deliberating between doing hers or the traditional 'Branch' tried and tested version.

Had a strange night with Tom last night. Matt didn't hear a peep from him the whole time I was out, but then come 10pm and he was awake. I think he woke up 4 times between 10 and midnight. I tried all the usual tricks - settling, dummy, feeding etc, but nothing would work. Each time he woke up he screamed. In the end I resorted to Calpol, which seemed to do the trick. I really don't know what was wrong with him, he had a clean nappy, didn't have a temperature, didn't have red cheeks, but something was certainly not right.

Oh, took Tom to get weighed - he's now 19lb 12oz - so he's jumped up considerably this week.

No comments: