Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Busy

So I have been busy, busy, busy. Spent yesterday on the computer catching up with admin - you wouldn't believe how quickly time flies when Tom is in nursery. He hadn't slept so I brought him home and put him straight to bed, giving me another two hours to do some work.

He woke up sleepy and grumpy. It took two biscuits to perk him up again, but once he had, he was back to his usual self, looning about the garden etc.

Today, Tom went to nursery as usual and I spent the day in the kitchen. Made some chocolate cup cakes with a ganache topping (still hasn't set, but maybe the weather?). It's Sammie's birthday tomorrow, her other half is in The Falklands with the army, so I thought I would bake her some as a treat. Quite pleased with how they have turned out.

I then set to making lots of decorations. I have decided to do 3 selection boxes this weekend. One for the Drs surgery (via Rose), one for TADLOP (local operatic society) via Rose as well and another for Michelle's school (they are having a big meeting on Monday with Governors, Michelle reckons they will be putty in my hand). I have made mortar boards and scrolls (it is coming up to graduation time), cricket bats and wicket pads, animals, roses and daisies (the photo shows some, but not all of them). Hoping that they will look good enough to create some orders.


Tom, once again didn't sleep at nursery. For the first time, he walked over to me rather than crawl which was nice. He looked really stable on his feet. (Typical he didn't look stable again for the rest of the day!) Put him down in his cot again once we got home and finished off the decorations. Once up we popped over to Asda to get some bits in - was completely deserted (England were playing and for once actually won!) then had a play in the garden and outside.

Then dinner, bath, story and bed.

No comments: