Search This Blog

Thursday 17 June 2010

More cakes

So, over half a week has gone again with no blog update, it is getting harder and harder to get round to them now I'm trying to get the business going, every spare second (of which I don't have many) goes into that.

Anyway, Tom is well and enjoying the sun. Monday saw us at probably our last session of Gymbabes. Tom was able to use all the equipment without any trouble, so I'm thinking there isn't anything left for him to achieve, other than to walk properly which is what he needs to do to go up to the next class. Might give the next set of sessions a rest and then by the time Gymbabes starts up again in September he should be walking really well.

Tuesday saw Tom at nursery and me at the University of Wolverhampton (in Telford) on a course run by the Inland Revenue for people starting up small businesses. Was a good course, I understood most of it and was able to clarify a couple of things I was having trouble with. Picked up Tom, he had had a good day, but hadn't slept. Brought him home and put him in his cot as I usually do. He cried, then he screamed. He refused to go to sleep. Not sure why and we never got to the bottom of it. I ended up getting him up and then we spent a grizzly afternoon together.

Had sugarcraft lesson at night, finished off the Harvest Mouse Wedding scene we have been working on. Managed to keep 2 poppies together, but they weren't great. I was quite happy with the models though, especially the groom. (If you want to see the rest - either go to The Lily Pad Bakery Facebook page now or www.lilypadbakery.co.uk after the weekend and you will find the rest of the pics.)

Tom had a good sleep and went to nursery on Wednesday morning. I came home and had a very productive morning. Made and iced some more cup cakes. Finished decorating a birthday cake, got the photos of the Harvest Mice done, made some more flower paste, ordered some cup cake boxes and listed my business on various free sites. Google still hasn't found me and until it does, my website is pretty much useless as a marketing tool. Anyone out there with any IT knowledge, I would appreciate some advice on how to get my website found by google.

Picked up Tom from nursery, he had had a sleep (apparently he was shattered - I wonder why?!) meant that he came home in a good, happy mood which was great. And he had a good afternoon nap as well. Once awake, I took him to the clinic for weighing as it has been a while (about 6 weeks). Thought he would have put on a lot and everyone remarked on how much bigger he is, but no, just 1 ounce. Oh well, he is slipping down the percentiles, but is happy enough and very well, so I'm not worried.

Popped into Asda on the way home. I went to George and bought myself some new summery clothes, none of my old clothes fit me anymore as I have changed shape so much. I came away with a couple of purchases, but not sure about them, they are a little more girly than I normally go, not sure if I'm doing a 'mutton dressed as lamb' impression or not, although Matt says they look ok.

Thursday saw me doing the last session of the first aid course and Tom in creche. First aid course was slightly better today, but still not brilliant and I left as soon as I could. Picked Tom up from creche and got a good school report, 'He's my favourite pupil, always happy and smiling' Always very nice to hear.

Came home, Tom had a sleep and then we went out to meet up with Rose and Abi. Went for a walk in the park, the walk was much longer than planned and we chatted for longer than we planned, which meant the babies didn't get as much play time as we would have liked and we had to march home. Even with that we got home an hour late for dinner. Oops! Tom didn't like me for it, but I managed to get some dinner down him and he had an OK bath and bottle and is now asleep. Rose took some photos of the two of them together, I will post them up here when she sends them over. Anyway, was a lovely day.

2 comments:

Debbie & Adam said...

Hi Nik.

This web page on the google site provides information on how to get your site found. Hope it helps!

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34397

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks Debbie, will see how it can help me

Nik x