Search This Blog

Friday 4 June 2010

Hugs before Daddy leaves

Another good night. Tom woke up screaming around 10pm, so gave him half a shot of nurofen, a hug and kiss and that was it, he slept through. Unfortunately, he woke up early - 6.45am, I think the early sun is having an effect on him as that is the second morning running he has got up early.

He came on the bed for a play as usual. He was having some nice cuddles with his Dad. I tried to capture the moment, not a great pic, but a nice memory. Matt rode off around 9pm, he's off to Edinburgh for the weekend on a J-net do. Vera is coming up tomorrow so I've only got one day on my own. Which is fine as I have so much work to do on the computer.

After his morning nap, Tom and I nipped into Wellington - I needed some craft scissors which I had been told were available from Wilcos, bingo, found them. Also got some more ribbon from the market and remembered to get some receipts - it's all outgoings at the moment. HOWEVER, I got my first order last night - a 1st birthday cake for a baby I know from breast feeding group - with fairies on top, so have already done my research and got lots of ideas on how to do the fairies (hence the mission to buy craft scissors) Very pleased.

We also popped into Morrisons to get provisions for the weekend. For the first time ever, Tom decided to have a melt down! I have no idea what caused it, but suddenly all was wrong with the world and he let me and everyone else know it. He also tried to climb out of the trolley. Unfortunately Morrisons don't have straps on their trolleys so I ended up having to carry him. Have you ever tried to carry an upset baby whilst steering a trolley around a store. THEN, have you ever tried to empty a deep trolley whilst holding a baby - not easy, suffice to say my arms were burning with pain! Oh hum!

The afternoon saw us hosting the NCT girls and babies for sing and sign and then playtime in the garden as it was such a lovely day. Went well, and managed to get rid of the rest of my cup cakes. Tom only started grizzling around 4.30 which is late for him recently. He ate an OK dinner and cheered up before bath, bottle and bed. Haven't heard from him yet.

Oh, have updated my website with some pics - the two sets of cup cakes and a celebration cake with chocolate roses which I cobbled together earlier this week with some bits I did at night school.

No comments: