Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Do you like my hat?

So, we said goodbye to Vera on Tuesday morning and then Tom went to nursery and I got onto my computer to catch up on admin. Time went ridiculously quickly and before I knew it it was time to pack up and get Tom. Didn't get half of the things I wanted done. Oh hum never mind.

Tom didn't sleep at nursery today and came home full of energy, very weird. I put him down for a sleep (he cried at first which isn't like him) but he eventually submitted (maybe overtired). He was in a really bad mood when he woke up - kept on lying prostrate on the ground and crying, or just burying into me. I wasn't sure why at all, but it was very difficult to get him to stop crying, I tried lots of different distractions, but most of them didn't work.

Gave Tom his dinner and he immediately perked up - he was hungry! Nursery told me that he had eaten up, but I think that maybe he threw most of it on the floor. So anyway he had Tom the happy chappy back which was nice - as you can see he was trying out Wilberforce's hat - it quite suits him don't you think.

I went to sugarcraft lesson in the evening - a very frustrating night. We were making poppies, but I had huge problems, my petals wouldn't stay on the wires, a very frustrating night, came home empty handed.

Another fantastic night of sleep for all of us. Took Tom to nursery in the morning, whilst I grappled with poppies again, and failed again - ended up calling Brenda for some advice (she's given me some alternative methods which I will try over the weekend) As I didn't get hold of her immediately, I gave up and decided to focus on the fairies for Sophie's cake which I did with success.

The rest of the day centred around Matt, he has a 'gummy' eye. Went to the surgery to get checked out. He was then sent to Eye Casualty at the Princess Royal so we went their after picking up Tom. From there he was sent to the GP walk in clinic and then told to come back in 2 hours. It all got very complicated with transport and Tom's naps, but with the help of Marg next door we managed it all. (Turns out he has allergic conjunctivitis and could have just gone to the Pharmacist for an ointment - typical!)

Tom wasn't too happy being carted around, but he once again cheered up after dinner and went to bed well.

Oh, one thing I have forgotten to mention is that Tom is now stroking Jodie gently. It has taken a long while to teach him, but he seems to have got there now and I think Jodie is happy.

No comments: