Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Playing with my best friend

We all had our customary good sleeps last night, so Tom woke up in a completely insane mood, as is the norm, and spent half an hour knocking seven shades out of his parents on the bed before being dressed and prepared for nursery.

I had another easy day today, just a short translation job in the afternoon, so I did a bit more work on my website and then acted as cake photographer again, a role I'm fulfilling more and more often these days. I bought a macro lens for my SLR a few years, not really knowing when I'd use it. Perhaps I subconsciously knew that I need it for icing photography in the future.

Tom arrived home having not had a sleep at nursery, so he went down for a couple of hours, leaving me with enough time to shout down the phone at an Adobe support person who told me that paying £300 for a copy of Acrobat Professional a year ago doesn't entitle me to any free support even though the software has a known and well-publicised fault. In the end I slammed the phone down. I'm seriously considering getting a pirate copy of the latest version.

We had a play in the garden before dinner, as you can see, with Jodie copying her little brother's enjoyment of the slide. It was very sweet. She never strays far from his side despite the fact that she still gets regular and merciless beatings from the Dr. Strangelove arm that Nik mentioned a couple of posts ago.

Then it was a new food, eggy bread, for tea, which he really enjoyed, before a quick play out the front with the Gouges. Then the usual bath -> bottle -> bed routine for him and a Japanese stew washed down with G&Ts for us.

Nik here, here's a picture of my latest cake which I actually charged for - hurrah!

No comments: