Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 June 2010

More Cup Cakes

Another good night, and then a happy morning on / off the bed (he can now get off the bed by himself) before taking Tom to nursery. I was in baking mode again, cup cakes were the order of the day - chocolate ones with orange frosting (tried something new today and managed to get a moussey frosting which was good. Used the chocolate decorations I have been making over the last couple of weeks. Was quite pleased with the results (although some swearing occurred as the tower fell over and a couple of cupcakes fell on their noses - not good)

I also spent some time making a mouse groom for college, was really pleased with the results, but you will have to wait sometime to see the results as I have to learn to make poppies and wheat first. Oh, BTW I spent most of yesterday on the computer and have now ordered my business cards and flyers - very exciting.

Collected Tom from nursery at 1pm. He had had a sleep from 11 to 12, so wasn't ready to go down again. Matt was a little light on work today, so we decided to walk to Asda, all 3 f us. Tom managed to go about half the distance and spent the rest of the trip on his Daddy's shoulders grinning away.

By the time we got back, he was tired and I managed to put him down, so I could continue playing with my cakes. He woke up at 3.30, but was in full grizzle mode. He is still teething. In fact when I put some teething gel on his gums, I felt one new tooth. I tried every distraction I could think of, but he was quite upset. We then decided to watch the new DVD of Tom videos, including one of him swimming and it did the trick, he was transfixed by watching himself. This meant we then had a good dinner and then a cheerful play with the girls outside. Will remember that for the future.

Today's new game: we say "Tom, where's your head" and he puts both hands over his face. Fantastic, except he does that for everything, "Tom where's your leg?", "Tom where's your foot" both hands over his face. By the end of the day, he was putting both hands over his face in response to just "Tom".

No comments: