Search This Blog

Saturday 19 June 2010

Grizzle

Poo - I had almost completed the post for Friday, but somehow have lost it! Can't remember what I was going to say now.

We spent Friday in Shrewsbury. Did a fair bit of shopping which Tom took with good humour and then we met up with Rachel and Olly in the Quarry for a picnic and play. Olly has been walking for 3 months now, even so, Tom was more nimble on the play things, especially the slide. Rachel had to manoeuvre Olly and push him down, when Tom does it all himself.

When I got home, Marg from next door came out to see me, it's Jane's parents Ruby Anniversary this week. She had just given Jane my flyer - a case of bad timing as she had just bought a cake from Tescos for it. However, she wanted it decorated with some ruby coloured roses and asked if I could do it - by tomorrow - gulp! As England were due to play tonight in the World Cup I agreed (just as well as the game was rubbish), so I spent the night playing with sugar paste. I've not made free hand roses before, but think I have done an ok job. Shame I didn't get to her a week earlier, as then I would have got the full order. Oh well, next time...

Saturday saw us swimming in the morning. For some reason Tom is very clingy when first in the pool - he attaches himself to either me or Matt like a monkey - arms and legs wrapped round with no chance of removing him until a good 5 minutes or so when he relaxes. He is then fine, and enjoys the rest of the lesson.

We then went into Telford Town Centre, needed to get some bits and pieces for the house and garden (we had a leak his week from the bath into the lounge so need to re-paint the ceiling. One of our neighbours is a handyman, so he came round and fixed it and got paid in cakes). We then went to a pub for lunch. Unfortunately Tom decided to grizzle at this point. He wouldn't eat anything other than raisins for lunch, not even chips which are normally fail safe. He did chat up a Japanese couple sat opposite from us though which was good. Matt did his usual party trick of talking to them in Japanese. They, as is usual were taken back - I guess you wouldn't expect the average person in a Wetherspoons pub in Telford to speak Japanese. Turned out that the husband works at Ricoh and asked Matt if he can do some translation for them - so might mean he gets some work, makes up for a very poor lunch!

Tom then grizzled and grizzled and grizzled. I bought him a banana from Asda which placated him for a while, but it wasn't good and meant that he forfeited a trip to the park - silly boy! We came home, Tom went straight to bed. I did some web updates (the pics I promised are now up). Got him up after 2 hours. He was not happy, we had full blown tears. Nothing would placate him: biscuit, drink, nappy change, teething gel, cuddles etc. We took him out front, he carried on screaming, then Becca brought out some millionaire's shortbread they had made earlier. I gave some to Tom, it had immediate effect, he cheered up and became a happy chappy again - I guess he needed a sugar rush and our biscuits (Rich Tea) just weren't up to the job. Well done Becca.

So, we then had a lovely play time outside, Tom running up and down with his walker, getting in the way of the Gouges who were playing football. He stayed out until dinner time, scoffed up all his nosh (not surprised considering he didn't eat any lunch), played outside again until bath time, then bottle and bed.

We had roast chook for dinner then Matt watched a programme about pythons whilst I finished off Jane's cake. Hope she likes it. Will get Matt to take a pic tomorrow.

Sorry, forgot to take a pic of Tom today, but we are meeting up Matt's parents tomorrow so we should have plenty tomorrow.

No comments: