Search This Blog

Saturday 5 June 2010

A very happy day

A fantastic night, didn't hear from Tom at all, not even a cough. And he woke up in a really good mood as well which was fab.

We had a good play and breakfast and then he was very good in submitting to his morning nap nice and early in time for swimming.

Swimming was ace, he didn't cry or grizzle at all, in fact he laughed through most of it. Was a great lesson, one of the best ones to date, AND he was the only one to walk over the wobble board (even Max wouldn't do it today which is really unusual).

Got home and waited for Vera to turn up which she did just before 12, so we quickly put a picnic together and headed out to the Town Park to enjoy the sunshine. Had a nice time and Tom continued to be in a good mood and he managed to eat a big portion of pasta which is really unusual as he normally rejects pasta. He also managed to play a bit of football!

I showed Vera a bit more of the town park including the Japanese garden and then went home so Tom and Vera could have their afternoon naps. I took advantage and read my Cake magazine and then did a bit of gardening.

Tom woke up in a bad mood, didn't enjoy me changing his nappy at all, but once that was done he cheered up - he had to, he had a birthday pressie to open from Vera - a musical ball which he immediately liked which was good.

Spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden until Tom's dinner time then back to the usual routine, bath, bottle, story and bed.

One thing I have forgotten to mention is that Tom now comes to me for hugs, he'll come over, climb up on me and throw his arms round me and cuddle in. Is really heart warming and I love it.

Also, for the first time ever today he walked on his own. He walked from the chair in the nursery to his cot. Only two steps, but he did it on his own without any coaxing from me, in fact I almost missed it. A small step for him, but a huge developmental step, I wonder if he will do it again tomorrow?

No comments: