Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Chocolate paste is hard to work with

Another good night (thanks Tom). Meant that my mouth ulcers have disappeared (eating hasn't been fun recently which is very unusual for me). Matt also had a good night and all three of us seem to be feeling better although we all still have a lingering cough.

Tom went off to nursery this morning. He thought about crying when I went to put him in his place for breakfast, but one of the girls took him off me, turned him so he couldn't see me and I ran. By the time I walked past his window, he was contently eating his weetabix.

I spent the morning modelling chocolate paste (from last night's lesson) - made 2 chocolate mammoths, 3 roses with some leaves and some butterflies. Problem with the chocolate is that it melts really quickly and the warm weather and my hot little hands make it difficult to work with, but I got there in the end. Was very happy with my mammoths (as was Matt)

I also marizpanned the fruit cake I made last week. That took all the morning. Collected Tom, he had had a good time at nursery - including 4 dirty nappies (at last - until today he hadn't done a poo at nursery) and he was wearing his 'emergency clothes' for the third time running - he's got into a habit of pouring his breakfast weetabix over him rather than eating it!. Put him down for his nap and took the chance to catch up on the computer - sorting out my portfolio and flyer. Printer played up of course, but got there at in the end. I now need to find somewhere to print off my flyers, oh and to get my website address sorted.

No comments: