Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Cream cheese is good for noses

Hi there, sorry we've not been in touch for a couple of days, keep running out of time.

So we have had a good week to date. On Monday we went to Gymbabes in the afternoon. Normally I get Tom to have 2 naps prior to the session so that he is well rested and raring to go for it. This week, however, he refused to co-operate not wanting to have his lunch time nap. I decided to take him early to see if he would fall asleep in the car. He did - literally as we arrived in the car park. We had 15 minutes before the session started so that's all the nap he had. Oh well... we had a good session, he decided he wanted to walk for most of it, and walk he did (although I would describe it more as attempted running). He got hold of a walker and zoomed around the room with me running to catch up.

He surprisingly didn't fall asleep in the car on the way back to Rachel's (where we had coffee). It took until 4pm until he finally relented. I pulled him out of the car - a sack of floppiness. I put him in the cot and gave him 30 mins before dinner. Surprisingly, he did eat his dinner ok and then went to bed ok.

Tuesday was nursery day for Tom, so off he went. He cried this time when I left, but I think that was due to the fact I had to hang around longer than normal (I took some bum cream with me as it's a little red at the moment and it had to be approved). Anyway, when I went to pick him up, he was happy enough. He hadn't slept at all, so once again I ended up pulling a sack of floppiness out of the car and putting him in his cot. He slept for 2 hours, which was great, I did some practical work - getting creative with some icing.

He was grumpy when he woke up so the afternoon wasn't particularly brilliant. However, today he managed to get a jigsaw piece into place for the first time ever which was brilliant. He did it more than once, so I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke. Once again he went to bed well and I went to my cake course - we made pansies today. Why is it, when the teacher shows us what to do it looks so easy, but when I do it, it is incredibly difficult - the icing doesn't seem to do what I want it to do. Oh hum, practice makes perfect - I have a lot of practising ahead of me.

Today was another nursery day. Tom had a little grizzle when I left, but he had finished by the time I walked past the room on my way to the car. I spent my 'time off' doing homework from last night (ie making pansies). Took me the full 5 hours to make 6 - they aren't the best pansies in the world, but I think they are recognisable. Also started to make some roses with my new cutters.

Collected Tom from nursery, once again he hadn't slept ("he's very curious isn't he?"), however, he did manage to stay awake in the car. I put him in his cot, did some more flower making before getting him up at 3. Tom was in a good mood this afternoon, so we did some more walking and I even managed to read him one story before he arched his back and tried to get away from me.

We had another good dinner, then bath and bed. He's been quite good in bed the last couple of nights. He's had mild conjunctivitis and last night he woke up at 11 with a fever, but after a spoonful of medicine, he's gone back to sleep and stayed asleep which is fab.

Today's pic - Tom after eating cream cheese on rice cake for part of his dinner.

No comments: