Search This Blog

Saturday 1 May 2010

Nice day in the garden

Hi there, sorry I haven't blogged for a couple of days, nothing new or exciting has happened and rather than bore myself and you with run of the mill stuff, I thought I would wait.

Today we had waterbabies in the morning. I went in with him today to see if he has recovered from his 'clingyness'. We did alright until I had to do horsey horsey (when I put Tom on my back), then we had intermittent crying so not a complete success but not a disaster either. Matt took some video footage which has turned out well.

We then did some bbq shopping (NCT crowd coming round for a bbq on Monday so fingers are crossed for good weather) before going to the Lamb Inn in Edgmond for lunch (another excellent one). Tom spent some time on his bus on our return as it looked as if it was going to pour down at any moment. However, the rain held off for most the day, meaning we spent the rest of the day in the garden. Matt strimmed the grass border and tilled the veggie patch. Tom and I played in the sandpit, wendy house etc. As you can see from the photo, he doesn't seem to be afraid of grass anymore which is a shame.

Anyway we all had a good time, although Tom got absolutely revolting. I know, it will only get worse.

Oh a couple of new things this week. Yesterday, Tom managed to stack the rings on his ikea lighthouse thingy. I have shown him countless times, but with no result. Yesterday, he just picked it up and started to do it. It took him ages the first couple of times, but today he is able to do it quite quickly. Matt said that he managed to put some shapes in his shape sorter all by himself as well today. Seems as if he is beginning to problem solve.

No comments: