Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Froggy Cakes

We were expecting a very disturbed night after the sick and crying, but amazingly, Tom slept the whole night through. He woke up in a happy mood. In fact when I went in to get him, he was sat up in his cot with the curtains open (cheeky thing!).

He had a good play on our bed and on inspection was rash free, so I decided to take him to nursery. Unfortunately when I left him there, he went into melt down - we tried a number of times to calm him down, but he would only clam down if I was holding him. In the end I had to leave with him screaming - not fun at all. They promised to call me if he didn't calm down or became ill again.

At home, I set to cake baking. Just before we left for Yorkshire, I took delivery of my cup cake stand. In preparation for it I had made some decorations for some cakes, so I just had to bake them. You can see the result. I was trying to get the effect of water with the butter icing - not sure how well it works?

We did a massive brain storming session in Yorkshire with Michael and Nicole for a name for my company and came up with nothing outstanding. The general consensus is to go with a cake name, but all the good ones have gone, I haven't come up with anything good at all. So, going in a different direction, I have come up with 'The Lily Pad' - for anyone who knows me at all well, they will understand where that has come from. It also means that I can diversify the business if I need to as it isn't cake themed. The more I think of it, the more I like it. I can only find one other Lily Pad and that is a florist shop in Dallas, so I think I'll be ok. Anyway, thought these cakes might help me on my way.

Went to collect Tom at 1pm, he had been ok, apparently he had cried a little more than normal, but they had taken his temperature and he was ok and he had ate well, so I guess he must be ok. Brought him home for his sleep (he hadn't slept at nursery) - he did a good 2 hours, giving me time to do some more cake things. I am LOVING all my new tools I got for my birthday, I've been having fun with them.

Not much to report for the rest of the day, Tom was grizzly at the end of the day so we gave him an early bath and bed, all of which went well.

No comments: