Search This Blog

Thursday 27 May 2010

Busy week

Sorry there hasn't been a blog for a couple of days, time has flown and I don't seem to have had a spare 10 minutes to catch up with myself.

Monday was a Gymbabes day, but when we arrived we were told that it was cancelled, the people who run it couldn't open their van (something to do with an electric lock that had gone wrong), meaning they couldn't get the equipment out. As it was such a nice day and we had paid for parking anyway, we decided to enjoy the sunshine in a park. The four of us (Rachel and Mae were also present) had a lovely afternoon relaxing in the sunshine.

Tuesday was nursery and sugarcraft day. I spent the morning doing admin and trying to get my website to work (having problems with the picture galleries as iweb (the program I am using) will only allow one level of navigation, when I want two). Very frustrating morning, didn't really get anywhere. The afternoon was spent getting things ready for class in the evening and modelling with the left over chocolate from last week, as it had clouded over and cooled down (the chocolate was really hard to work with last week)

Wednesday was another nursery day. I spent the morning baking some banoffee cupcakes, icing a big fruit cake and continuing with various decorations. I completely made up the banoffee recipe as I couldn't seem to find one on google. They turned out ok, although I will make some alterations next time. I wanted the butter cream to be a mixture of butter cream with some streaks of caramel running through it. However, the butter cream seemed to absorb the caramel, so no streaks and VERY VERY sweet butter cream. Next time I think I will refrigerate the butter cream before putting in the piping bag with the caramel (which I will also refrigerate) to see if that makes a difference. Anyway you can see the result, they look ok I think.

The evening was spent in a pub in Coalport with the girls. Only 4 of us managed to meet last night, which was good, meant we could have one good conversation which all of us could join in rather than splitting into different groups.

No comments: