Search This Blog

Thursday 27 May 2010

First aid - what first aid?

A good night, Tom has been sleeping well recently. After breakfast and a nap we headed out to HLC for the second session of our first aid course. I lost the will to live this time. The trainer is awful - goes off on tangents, doesn't speak clearly, has no structure to her lessons and can't answer any questions. She even said that she had been investigated for child abuse because her children end up in casualty so often and she is teaching first aid?!. The other mums at the course all know each other (from a twins group) and seemed to hang on every word she said. In fact they were having a mothers' meeting at one stage talking about sleep problems, behavioural problems etc. The teacher let them carry on for a good 40 minutes - hello - isn't this a first aid course? I just sat and didn't say anything. I surely didn't learn anything. Oh hum, only one week left, but we have to wait a while for it - she refuses to work on her birthday so we have to wait until 17th June. How unprofessional to say that she won't run the course on her birthday - oh and did I forget to mention, she tried to sell us some first aid equipment - I was very unimpressed, this is a community course and I really don't think she should be selling her products to us. The other mums didn't seem to mind, in fact they are buying kits from her. I refused on a matter of principal and the prices weren't particularly cheap either.

Wow - didn't realise I was so upset about this - good to have the rant and get it out of my system.

Tom had a better time than me in the creche. Apparently he was a little clingy, so spent most of his time being cuddled by one of the workers. Came home, had lunch - Tom ate his in record time, guess he was hungry. He then went for a nap, whilst I worked on the photos for my website.

Once up we played outside. As you can see he was trying out Matt's bike for size (he needs to grow his legs a little before he can start riding!)

Around 4, he went into grizzle mode, and stayed in it until bathtime when he cheered up. He now takes his bottle of milk himself at night time, so I take the opportunity to read to him. He completely ignores me, but at least he stays on my lap because he is drinking his milk.

No comments: