Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Feeding frenzy

Another fantastic night. In fact, forgot to mention that yesterday was another milestone in the life of Tom. He completed a full week of sleeps without me having to get out of bed once to settle him. Fantastic - well done Tom. Fingers crossed he continues this way.

It was nursery again this morning, so I dropped him off and then came home to do some sugar work and some computer work before having lunch and then picking him up. He had a good day today. He fell asleep at 10.00 and slept for 40 mins which was much better than before. He was absolutely covered in food when I went to pick him up. It was spaghetti bolognaise for lunch. I think he had more on his face than went in his mouth. Even when he was cleaned up he was still revolting! I could have licked his face and had a good meal. Anyway he was rested enough to cope with a little trip to the shops - I was looking for a tool box to keep all my cake tools in which Matt might want to get me. I found one and was then told to disappear. I wonder what I am getting for my birthday?

Anyway, Tom went for his nap on his return and I continued working (very exciting stuff, working out how much 2 grams of mixed spice, and 1 hour's electricity for the oven costs etc). Once up, I took Tom down to baby clinic for a weigh in, both Matt and I have commented that we think Tom has put on weight. He has! He is now 21lb 14oz - the biggest leap he's had in ages. He is still having squirty poos - have spoken to the nurse and the HV about it, but they are both at a loss and as he is clearly thriving at the moment, have said not to worry.

Came home, had a play on the bus outside and then dinner. Today he decided to feed himself, you can see the results. Although it doesn't look like it, he did manage to get most of it in his mouth. Dinner times are going to get messier and messier. He ate like a monster for dinner as well - a whole bowl full of tomato pasta, a fromage frais, a handful of blueberries, a whole bread stick and a biscuit. He would have kept going, but I thought it would be ridiculous to give him anymore.

We then had a happy, splashy bath before bottle and bed.

Oh, something else, he is also really chatty at the moment. He is constantly talking to us. Baa, baaa, gaga, waa waa etc etc. Sometimes he even hits on real words, he has managed hello, yes, flower and daddy, but all seem to be random and he hasn't repeated them. I figure he must be playing with speech patterns, slowly working it all out.

No comments: