Search This Blog

Saturday 13 June 2009

HELP!

So, had another bad night, this time with Tom waking at 11.15, 1.20 and 3.00. The last one was the worse, as I didn't get back to bed until 3.45! So, what is going on? When he wakes, Tom is arching his back, thrashing his head from side to side and kicking his legs in the air. He isn't screaming, just grunting and making unhappy noises, however, he always greets my arrival with a smile and quietens down as I arrive.

Sometimes he wants feeding but other times he just needs comforting, so I rub his tum and stay in the room with him for reassurance. Could this be the onset of teething? If so, any advice on what to do to help him sleep? Actually any advice at all would be good. The sleep deprivation is definitely worse now than when he was newborn - I was expecting it then! He definitely lulled me into a false sense of security with only one 15 minute wake up a night for the last 9 weeks. I'm feeling quite sorry for myself now, we are going on holiday next week - I'm beginning to wonder what type of a holiday it will be if he continues with this behaviour...

No comments: