Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Bananas - not too bad

Last night wasn't the best. He was back to waking at 11pm for no reason, then wanted feeding at 1.30 and 3.30. I ended up sleeping in the downstairs bedroom with him - much easier. This is the first time I've had to feed him twice in one night for about 4 nights - I think I will put it down to it being so hot and him being thirsty.

Matt came in to wake us up at 7.30 - both of us were fast asleep (I blame Wimbledon and the new roof - meant that I was up watching Andy Murray until 10.30 which is way past my normal bedtime - not sure what Tom's excuse is!)

Today we went to the Registrar to finalise Tom's naming ceremony - thanks to everyone who had to get promises to us. I think we are almost there now.

One thing I haven't mentioned is that recently Tom has found more of his voice. He now has quite a range of sounds - it's quite cute listening to him cooing and arrring. Much more pleasant than crying!

Today, I thought I would try Tom with some food, so gave him the tip of a banana to suck on. I think it went down ok with him. He allowed it in his mouth and some of it disappeared so he must have taken some bites and swallowed as none of it reappeared on his chin. He only took a minuscule amount, but I'm happy with that. I gave him some batons of banana to play with as well - these went everywhere apart from his mouth!!! I've ordered a book on baby led weaning from the library - it hasn't arrived yet, but am looking forward to it so I can get a better idea of what it's all about and then make an informed decision about what to do.

Had a quiet afternoon - went to Asda to pick up some bits, bumped into Jude - Tom wasn't very well behaved and only managed to give her a watery smile! Bought a playmat jigsaw set for the lounge, Tom is moving a lot more now, I'm not sure a hard wooden surface is very nice for him so this should give him a little more freedom...

No comments: