Search This Blog

Saturday 13 June 2009

Submariner Tom


Saturday today, so off to Shrewsbury for round 2 of Water Babies. A definite improvement on round 1, as Tom cried a lot less and had his first 2 forays under water. The first one took him completely by surprise, and the look on his face as he emerged from the deep was priceless. What the hell are you doing to me father! Or something like that. We were also helped by the fact that classmate Sophie, who screamed her way through the entire lesson last week, was much better-behaved today, so there was a much calmer air in the pool. I must say, I'm quite enjoying the lessons, although it's Nik's turn for the next two, and I won't even get to watch as she's taking him on Mondays.

We had trouble parking in Shrewsbury, as it was the annual carnival in the quarry. We eventually got parked in Frankwell and had lunch in the cafe at the new Theatre Severn. Very nice it was too. Good nosh, friendly service and a lovely view down the river.

We were severely short of food in the house, so we stopped for a biggish shop at Sainsbury's on the way back. His nibs had his first ever ride in a shopping trolley, which he seemed to enjoy, then had a feed in the car park before allowing us to come home. Quick sit/swing in the garden before bath time. Left-over Chinese (for Nik & me) tonight. Yum. Not sure how I'll spend my evenings now that the TT's finished. It was so nice to slump on the sofa with a large whisky at 9.00 every evening and watch a bunch a total nutters race round the beautiful Isle of Man. It got me very envious, and I may have to look into going again before too long.

No comments: