Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Tom meets his other Great Nanny

Tom was an absolute bugger last night, waking at 10.30pm, 11.00pm, midnight (feed), 2.30am (another feed), 6.00am and 6.30am. Of course at 7am he was fast asleep. I woke him and he was grumpy with me! However we did our morning thing and then he went back to sleep for an hour and woke up much happier.

Today we went to visit Nan. She was quite sleepy and was slurring a lot, but during her wakeful periods, we showed Tom to her and her eyes shone. She had little understanding of who I was, and although I tried to explain that Tom was her great Grandson, she didn't comprehend. It was enough that she had a baby come to see her and that made her happy. They played very nicely together, Tom took her finger and she said how gorgeous he was and how heavy he is (she's not wrong there!)

After an hour, we left and carried on into Plymouth to continue party shopping. I also managed to get some new tops from Next (thanks Clare and Simon) which made mum happy. I got depressed again as I couldn't get into any fitted tops - my bust is just too big! If I buy bigger tops the bust fits but the rest doesn't! Can't win!!! I ended up getting some stretchy T-shirt type tops.

Came back to Crapstone, and as the sun was out, we sat in the garden. Tom was in his very cute hat and had fun watching bubbles being made and floating past him.

As you can see from the pic, Tom likes standing up. In fact I think this is his favourite position - he is quite strong on his legs. I've told him that he needs to learn to roll, sit and crawl first, but he is intent that he will stand before anything else!

No comments: