Search This Blog

Monday 8 June 2009

Tom meets his Guardian Parents


The little bugger had me up through the night again at 11pm, 2am, 4am and 6am - not a good start to the day! Did our usual morning thing, and as it was a weekend day, he got his 7am feed in our bed. I left him on the bed whilst I got changed. He was lying on his back, I turned round to get some clothes out of the chest of drawers, turned back round and there was Tom on his front!!!! He looked at me as if he did it all the time and why was I looking at him strange! So, he is definitely developing and I'll have to keep a closer eye on him now.

At 9.30am we had the car packed and were on our way to Wiltshire to meet up with the Milburns and Smyths so Tom could meet his Guardian Parents (Lou and Martin). We were going to have a picnic at the White Horse, but the weather didn't look good, so we ended up at the Hungry Horse eating burgers instead.

Tom was pretty much well behaved, and I managed to have some 'time off' as Lou and Vanessa were very keen to have cuddles which was fantastic. Time flew and before we knew it, it was time to go, me to Devon and Matt back to Telford.

The trip from Wiltshire to Devon wasn't good. Tom had had enough of the car and the car seat and screamed for a good hour or so. I did keep stopping where I could (the A303 seemed very short of services at this point), taking him out for cuddles, calming him down etc, but as soon as we were on our way again he started to scream again. There was nothing I could do. In the end he screamed his way to sleep, but it wasn't enjoyable at all.

Got to Crapstone at 7pm, where a Granma was very keen to have cuddles and play with Tom. We let him have a kick about and then a bath, feed and story. He went to sleep straight away - all that screaming must have tired him out!

No comments: