Search This Blog

Monday 15 June 2009

Watery Cry Baby!

Another bad night I'm afraid. Tom went to bed at 7 as usual, but woke up at 11pm. All he wanted was to play - he was a smiling, kicking loony. In fact he managed to spin round in the cot 180 degrees twice he was moving so much! I tried many many times to get him settled, but he wasn't ready. It took until 1am until he went back to sleep again. He was then awake again for a feed at 4am. So, not a great night!!!

Got up at 7am and did our usual. Tom then got a little grizzly and as his Dad was proof reading, we went out early. So did a little scoot round Asda, then went to Donnington Minis. All the regular characters were there, so had a good time.

Managed to dodge a heavy thunder storm and walked back home for lunch. Tom continued to sleep in his pram on our arrival, so had an easy one.

2pm saw us in the car to Rowton Castle for Tom's swimming lesson (he's missing two Saturdays due to us going on holiday, however Waterbabies allowed us to attend today's lesson so we don't slip behind) Can't say it was a success! He managed about 2 circuits of the pool, then he decided that he didn't like it and cried. In fact the teacher asked me to stand in the corner to calm him down a number of times, so we really were bottom of the class! He didn't get to do any under water stuff at all as he was crying so much. All we really managed to do was bouncing and splashing! Not a great confidence booster for my first lesson with him. The teacher took me aside at the end and suggested that I take him swimming mid week as well to try to get him used to it. I guess I will have to, but will be difficult on my own with a crying baby...

Came home, I did a massage concentrating on the stomach (Tom hasn't had a poo since last Monday) before Matt took him up for his bath.

No comments: