Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Tom goes to creche, whilst mum keeps fit

Another bad night. Tom woke up at 10.30, but was happy to chatter to himself and fall asleep on his own again - took a good 30 minutes, but he got there in the end.

He woke again at 1.30 for feeding, then again at 3.00, when it took me an hour to get him to sleep - oh joy! Radio woke me with a start at 7.00, but fell immediately asleep again until Tom woke me at 7.20!

Today, I decided to try out the community aerobics programme, I found a class in Muxton that includes a creche. It was really good. Tom was the smallest baby by far in the creche, but that wasn't a problem, he was quite happy watching the toddlers. The class was very good. The woman holding it was very friendly as were the other ladies attending. I discovered that I need to buy a new bra, otherwise I'm going to end up with a chest down by my feet! I had to hold myself together whilst bouncing up and down. Anyway it was a good session and I will go back. Not bad at all for £2.50 including creche.

Came home for lunch, then did our usual Wednesday thing - Asda, Post Office, Library and Baby Clinic. Spoke to the nursery nurse about Tom's lack of poo (not had one since last Monday) and new sleeping problems. She told me to ween him now! Arghhhhhh! I am so not ready, I haven't read the books yet. I was hoping to wait until he was 6 months! Having said that, I'm not convinced by her, AND I really don't want to do the baby rice thing. I was hoping to go straight to 'proper food'. Oh hum, we will see how it goes...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nik it's none of my business but there is no need to wean him yet - HVs are notorious for suggesting it at the slightest trouble. Surely his disturbed sleep is down to teething, given that painkillers helped? There is good research showing that introducing solids increases sleep by a whopping 15 minutes per night!! Also, baby rice bungs them up so is not going to fix that issue ;) Give me a shout for a chat and some links if you want, otherwise get onto the weaning board on ivillage!