Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Thomas Tantrum!

Had an OKish night. We were worried about the temperture in Tom's room last night, as even with having his window open all day, it was still pretty hot when we put him to bed. He went to sleep with no sheets, just wearing an open footed sleep suit.

He slept through to 4am, had a feed and then went mental - legs and arms jerking all over the place. I tried to calm him down, but to no avail. In the end I fed him again and that sent him back to sleep. He then woke up at 6.45.

I have been dreading today as he was due 3 injections. He didn't cover himself in glory at his last set of jabs, screaming for 3 hours! This time, although he cried (and who can blame him) he recovered quickly and even managed a smile for the nurse on our exit.

Came home, had lunch and then Tom took a turn for the worse. For the whole afternoon Tom was either asleep on me or screaming, nothing would placate him. I assume the affect of the jabs. I ended up giving him some calpol which he took quite well, not sure if helped at all. His crying didn't help me either, Tom has been feeding more during the hot spell to quench his thirst and today my milk came in big time as a response. Of course it wasn't very hot today, so I didn't need the extra, and with Tom being so sleepy / screamy I couldn't get him to feed very well anyway. I ended up soiling my clothes, the sofa throw, the floor - it was streaming out. Needless to say expressing didn't take too long today.

He had his bath and evening feed and after some comfort feeding went straight to sleep.

I know today's pic is mean, but it reflects how he looked this afternoon!

No comments: