Search This Blog

Thursday 22 October 2009

Happy Tom

Last night was slightly better. Tom woke as usual at 9.30, but fell asleep and stayed asleep at the first attempt - first time in over 2 weeks we've managed that. However, this meant that he was awake again at 1.30, 3.30, 5.00 and 6am. He came into bed with me at 6.50, and promptly fell asleep until 7.30 - oh humm. Anyway no drugs were used, just plain old milk. Problem now is that he is now so used to waking up during his lighter periods of sleep, I'm worried that he may have forgotten how to get himself off on his own.

10am saw us down at the Oakengates group, they were having a special Halloween day so most of the babies were dressed as witches, pumpkins, ghosts, bats etc. Everyone looked very cute. They are going to do it again next week. Not sure if we will go in fancy dress - seems a lot of money for clothes he is going to wear for an hour and a half.

Came home, Tom had his lunch - managed to get most of it down him without too much of a fight. He then went for his afternoon nap. Now, his naps have been changing recently. He tends to go down for his nap around 1pm and stay down for an hour and a half (or more if I let him) - up until now his lunchtime nap has been around an hour. This means he doesn't have much time for an afternoon nap, and infact today, he is going to miss it.

It's great for me as it gives me more time to get things done. Today I managed to get the laundry out and put a frill on my Xmas Cake which was fab. This afternoon I was going to see if I could get Michelle out for a walk, but it rained, so it was a no go. Instead we did our usual - a short trip to Asda.

Tom has been very well today, full of energy again and very happy. Today I found that sticking my tongue out and touching my upper lip with it was the funniest thing on earth. Well that's what Tom thought anyway! It never fails to amaze me what he finds funny!

No comments: