Search This Blog

Monday 5 October 2009

One Sock Tom

I can't tell you how many times I got up last night - it's all a bit of a haze. I decided not to have the monitor in the bedroom with me as his sniffles and grizzles kept me awake last night. Instead I had the bedroom door open so I could hear him cry. It worked. I was sooooo tired that although I had to get up many times, as soon as I hit the bed I was fast asleep again, which is why everything is a blur.

Tom didn't wake up for the day until 7.40 which was nice. He seemed ok, but after an hour, reverted back to his crying ill self. I put him back to bed and he had a 2 hour nap. Good for me as I managed to get lots of WOSAs done.

We spent the afternoon having a cuddle and lunch together, before Tom went for another 2 hour nap and I finished the WOSAs. I then wrapped him up warm and we went for a walk. His big pram is playing up - it got a puncture this weekend which Matt fixed, but for some reason the front wheel is set on going in one direction, making steering very difficult and annoying.

Tom had dinner and then we both had a bath together. We had one together yesterday, but Tom screamed and screamed. Today it was much better, he even managed a smile. Matt dressed him and gave him his bottle whilst I had a good soak (yes I do have a cold, but hopefully not a bad one)

Today's pic - we are back in sock season, Tom doesn't like to wear them and spends a lot of time taking them off. His new nickname is 'One Sock Tom'. I have a little pair of trainers that fit him now, so will try to use them to keep his socks on.

2 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

Hiya - a couple of things: -

What is a WOSA (seems like you do a lot of them and just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something fun!!!!)

Jake is also doing the one sock in mouth, sometimes with the foot still attached!!!!! Nothing worse than picking up a soggy wet sock:-(

Just a word of warning about the trainer, this wont keep the sock on but will give Tom something to throw once he works out how to take it off (which will take approx 5 seconds!!!!)

Hope you guys are well - speak soon S x

Nik and Matt said...

Not fun I'm afraid, WOSAs are work. I type up some bibliographies for Matt's work, gives me an income stream - not much, but buys me the odd diet coke.

I will time Tom on the trainer front!

Nik x