Search This Blog

Sunday 4 October 2009

It's a cold


Strange sort of a night. Tom wasn't actually that bad, but I couldn't sleep. I was worrying about him, and also he was grizzling in his sleep which was coming through on the monitor, and although I knew I didn't need to go in to see him, it stopped me from relaxing. Also, I think I am coming down with a cold which didn't help. I seem to be getting lots of headaches, and we are out of paracetamol.

Tom woke up at 1am for feeding and again at 6am. At 6am he was really screaming, the sound reverberated off the walls of his room and hurt my ears. He calmed down as soon as I fed him. He then went back to sleep until 7, when I got him and plonked him on our bed. He was ok playing on the bed, I washed and dressed him and took him downstairs for breakfast where he grizzled quite a bit, so we gave up and I put him back in his cot for a nap.

Whilst he was napping, we decided to take him to the Drs once he was awake. There is a walk-in GP clinic in Telford Town Centre, anyone can use it. Thought it better to be safe than sorry and get Tom checked out. This we did. The Dr took his temperature (he has one), listened to his chest etc. Tom screamed his way through it. Basically she said he has a cold, it's not teething, it's a cold. There of course is nothing she can give us, so she prescribed a healthy dose of TLC and sent us on our way (She was very good, didn't bemoan us wasting her time).

As parking is a flat fee charge on a Sunday, we took the opportunity to stroll around Telford Town Park as it was such a lovely day. We gave Tom a go on some springy things and a baby swing (wedged in with a blanket). However, he just wasn't in the mood, so we went to the Japanese Garden where he had a feed, and Matt and I devoured some goodies from Greggs. As you can see Autumn is on its way - the maples are turning red.

We did a quick scoot round Telford whilst Tom slept in his pram and then returned home. By 1.45, Tom was back in bed, and we haven't heard from him since (it is now almost 4pm). This is the longest he has slept during the day since he was a newborn. He obviously needs his rest, poor soul.

No comments: