Search This Blog

Friday 2 October 2009

Sick Tom

Last night was better. Tom woke at 12 for a feed (no biting - phew!) and then again at 6.30. Only problem was that I couldn't get back to sleep after feeding him, it was almost 3am by the time I got off again - bugger!

This morning I tried Tom with some grown up porridge - another failure! So he chewed on some toast and that was it. Friday morning is BEST time, so we drove to Stirchley, Tom went in the creche and I spent the morning cutting up magazines to produce a poster about the Economics, Politics and Community benefits of Breast Feeding.

Returned home for lunch. I actually managed to spoon feed Tom a little bit of salmon mush. Can't say a big success, but some went in. He was still trying to dodge it and I can't say he opened his mouth willingly, so I gave him a breadstick and some cheese and a fromage frais as a reward.

This afternoon saw us at Kamila's for a walk. Took about 3 steps with the pram, but found it hard. We have a puncture! Put the pram back and got the sling out and went with that. Did a pretty long walk. We were gone a good 2 and a half hours and I discovered a bit of Telford I didn't know existed, all very nice parkland, just missing a cafe. Kamila, as usual was full of questions, she is struggling a little, is desperate for some kind of routine and some time to call her own. I know exactly where she is coming from and tried to reassure her that it will come in time. Stella is a bit of a screamer so that makes it harder.

Got home around 5.30, Tom had dinner - he managed some one pot chicken which was good and then bath and bed for him, whilst I set into icing the cake I made yesterday. Just as I was thinking about rolling out the icing I heard a huge yelp from upstairs and a call for me. Went upstairs and Matt was absolutely covered in sick, Tom had managed to vomit up a whole bottle of milk and his dinner, it was everywhere. Certainly the biggest sick up he's ever done. Somehow he had managed to miss himself? He refused any more milk, so I comforted him and put him to bed.

We didn't hear from him until 2am, but then we couldn't get him to settle. I managed to feed him after much persuasion, but he could not get back to sleep. We ended up resorting to calpol again as he did feel hot to touch. It didn't work immediately, but he did eventually go back to sleep.

Pic - Kamila took a pic of me and Tom during the walk, when (if) she sends it through, I'll put it up here.

No comments: