Search This Blog

Monday 26 October 2009

I'm soooo close to crawling

A good night. Tom only woke once - yahooooo! I, of course woke on a number of occasions and at one stage had to look in on him as I knew I wouldn't be able to get to sleep unless I knew he was alright. So a 2.30 wake up for milk and that was it. Fantastic - now I need to learn to relax to enjoy the extra sleep. Question is - was that a one off, or will he do it again?

He enjoyed a good hour's playtime with Granma and Pop Pop in bed and then sat with us for breakfast. He managed a good breakfast - I tried Ready Brek today (well the Asda version of it anyway) He had a couple of spoonfuls with apple and another couple of spoonfuls with prunes, followed by some homemade bread. The biggest breakfast he's had in ages.

After his morning nap, he went off with Granma and Pop Pop to the Engine House in Highley. Sounds like he had a fab time, he saw Tornado - the newly built steam engine and charmed lots of people (of course). I used the time wisely and spent the day catching up on admin - ie claiming commission and expenses from BS and then doing various things I've been meaning to do for ages. Glazed Bob's cake and got a tin and fruit ready for the next one.

When I got back to the house this afternoon, I was alone in the house - I haven't been alone in the house for a very very long time and it felt very strange, but in a nice way - the only noise being made was the noise I was making - that makes a change.

Everyone arrived back at 3.45. Tom crying (needed some more sleep - so I put him back down in his cot). Once up, Tom had a play on the floor and showed his Granma and Pop Pop just how close he is to crawling. He then had dinner (not too bad - made him eat the remnants from lunchtime) before having another good play with Granma and Pop Pop. All in all a good day.

No comments: