Search This Blog

Friday 30 October 2009

Shouty Tom

Got a little bit worried last night, dead on 9.30pm Tom woke up crying / screaming. I went up to see him and seemed unable to help him. Went to the loo meaning to go back to see him, but in the time I was away he fell asleep. How did that happen - how could he go from screaming to asleep in minutes???

Didn't hear from him again until 1am, and then again at 3.30am. I have really got to sort out these two wake ups out. I am lazy in that I feed him straight back to sleep each time. I guess I need to stop offering him food and try to convince him to go back to sleep without too much intervention.

Today has been a shouty day, I guess Tom is missing his Granma and Pop Pop! Took him to Asda this morning to calm him down. Had lunch at 12.00. Finished the spag bol. As usual Tom took about 3 spoonfuls and then his jaws were clamped shut. So, we took out one of our deconstructed Ella bags, filled it with the spag bol and squirted it into his mouth - he lapped it up. He then lapped up a whole sachet of sweet potato, apples and blueberries, before chomping on a breadstick.

He then got very shouty again, so I put him down for a nap and had lunch myself. The afternoon saw us at Kamila's. She is getting there with Stella, they think she has colic, it takes her a long time to settle in the evening, but they are getting there and a routine is starting to evolve. Tom started getting shouty again, so we came home for his afternoon nap.

He woke in time to meet John (one of Matt's translator friends who is staying the night) and then dinner (he managed his whole dinner off the spoon - fantastic - I am even thinking of making him some more food now he seems to have some sort of an appetite) and a play before bath which I did, and yes he did try to shower me in water, but I managed to dodge it.

Sorry no pic today - just never got round to it.

No comments: