Search This Blog

Saturday 10 October 2009

Mama

Last night, dead on time at 10pm, Tom woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Once again we tried settling, dummy, feeding, cuddling, music etc. We even tried controlled crying for 15 minutes, but that didn't work either. I then spent a good 30 mins hugging and calming (for the second time). This time it worked and he went off - so no drugs needed, but it still took the best part of two hours to get him back to sleep.

He then woke again at 3am (I fed him to sleep), and again at 5am (fed him to sleep again!). Today Matt is in Brum at a translators conference, so it is just me and Tom. 10am saw us at the HLC for Tom's swimming lesson, which went well, Tom even managed his double underwater swim without too much grizzling. There were only 4 of us there today which was good, meant loads of room for us to manouvre in.

We went from the HLC to Telford Town Centre, to pick up some bits - thought that this time, it might be useful to have a guide book telling us what to do and how to get everywhere. (Last year we failed getting to the fort at Almeria - we could see it, but couldn't work out how to get to it, ended up walking around a housing estate looking very very lost - we can't really do that with Tom in tow)

The afternoon saw us checking Jodie into her holiday home and then into Newport. Today I went against all my principles and bought ready made food for Tom - from Waitrose (to make me feel slightly better). The little bugger lapped up the first one I gave to him - so I guess it must be my cooking he doesn't like - humm!

Today, he has been an angel - much better behaved and happier. We are just coming up to 10pm, so we will see what happens. He did wake up at 9.30, but I went up to settle and we haven't heard from him since.

Today - another milestone, I'm sure Tom was trying to copy me saying Mama - I took a video - see what you think (of course he did it better off film!)

No comments: