Search This Blog

Friday 23 October 2009

Now I won't nap in the morning either!

Last night Tom was back to his old tricks - waking every hour between 9.30 and 2.30. He then went through to about 5, then 6, then 7.30.

This morning was BEST. As Tom was so late in getting up, I kept him awake until we got to the creche, thinking he would then be ready for his morning nap. Wrong! When I collected him at noon, I was told he didn't go to sleep until 11.30 - the little minx!

Came home, gave Tom his lunch - he did ok today - managed most of what I gave him (although not huge portions!), had my lunch and then Tom went for his lunchtime nap - an hour and a half which gave me time to do more to my Christmas Cake which was good - it now has a snowman on it.

Once Tom was up we went for a walk to the butcher's. Mum and Dad are coming up on Sunday so thought I had better get a joint in for Sunday as well as some other bits and pieces to keep us going.

Came home and gave Tom some kicking time on the floor. He is getting a little annoying at the moment. If you put him on his back he rolls onto his front and then cries and cries and cries until you pick him up again. It seems that he instinctively rolls onto his front and only once he is on his front does he realise that he doesn't like it. I have tried showing him to lock his arms so he lifts his head off the floor but he hasn't caught on yet. I figure this is the pre-cursor to crawling, if only he could not cry. He is much happier sitting and is very stable now, I still put cushions around him but he doesn't really need them anymore.

No comments: