Search This Blog

Friday 26 February 2010

Another good night


So, a good night's sleep for Tom & me, but not for Nik, who lay awake worrying about Tom's cough. I don't think it's too bad though. We had our usual morning play on the bed before I nipped down to the local konbini (convenience store) to pick up breakfast and an umbrella. The weather forecast doesn't look too good today, which is unfortunate as we do need to walk a bit. As I write this, we're hiding in the bathroom in silence in the hope that Tom drops off for his morning nap in his cot.

Well, we're now sitting in a restaurant at Yokohama station and Tom is wolfing down yet another Japanese meal. He loves the food here. Has he got worms? His first ever business meeting was an unqualified success; charmed everyone in the company. They'll certainly remember him and, therefore, me for a good while, which can only be good for business. Just as well, as they're one of my favourite clients.

We're now back in our hotel room, Tom having done his best to charm my client in Yokohama. Not quite as successful as this morning as we arrived just as he was due his afternoon nap. He played with a plastic cup for a bit, shouted for a few minutes and then fell dead asleep in Nik's arms. Somehow we managed to strap him into his rucksack and walk about 15 minutes back to Kannai station before he woke up. We caught an express train back to Ikebukuro and Nik and I are currently cowering in the doorway of our room in the dark in the (probably misguided) hope he'll go down for another quick nap before dinner.

Still, he's been an absolute star today. Both meetings went very well, better than if I'd gone to meet them on my own. He certainly knows how to turn on the charm.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Ikebukuro, Tokyo

No comments: