Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Tom the book worm

He slept through last night - yahooo! No conjunctivitis at all so I guess he is over it, phew! I was getting worried he was slipping back to his bad old ways, but it looks like he is over it now. I woke up with sticky eyes though (typical) and spent the whole day with tired eyes - felt like I'd been crying.

We had quite a busy day. After his nap we went out to the cake shop to get some bits (still no hyacinth cutters), then on to sainsburys for lunch (Lucy was round today so we were keeping out of her way). 1.30 saw us at Jungleland for Isaac's 3rd birthday (one of the children from the BEST course). Tom stayed in good humour throughout which was very good considering he was up from 10am. I couldn't quite believe he wasn't grizzling, but we left at 3pm so Tom could have a nap before dinner. Came home to a wonderfully clean house and Tom fell asleep without any coercing. Lovely.

Tom had a grizzly afternoon once awake again, but I think that is because I woke him up from a deep sleep and he didn't like me for it. Anyway, he had a good dinner (didn't eat a very good lunch or breakfast), then bath, bottle and bed.

Tom is now definitely waving. He's slowly been getting the hang of it but yesterday he started to wave in response to us waving to him. It is a bit of a lottery as to whether he will clap or wave in response to us, but he's getting there. He is also standing up on furniture more and I think spending more time on his knees crawling than on his belly. It's a really nice time to be with him at the moment as every day he seems to get a little more confident.

No comments: