Search This Blog

Monday 8 February 2010

Energetic Gymbabe

Another good night. Tom cried for about 5 seconds when I turned my light off last night and that was it until 6.30am, when I had to go in to settle him, which he did without complaint. He had his usual play on the bed, then the usual struggle to get him changed and dressed.

He had a good breakfast (ie ate half a Weetabix) and then had a play before bed and his morning nap. He didn't have a particularly good playtime - he would be happy for 10 minutes and then cry for no particular reason for the next 10 minutes before cheering up and repeating the cycle again. Not sure why he was crying unless it was his teeth giving him gip.

At 11.45 we set off to Bridgnorth to meet up with Rachel and Mae for lunch prior to Gymbabes. Tom was very well behaved, ate all his lunch and then had a good attempt at eating mine (ploughmans) before moving on to blackberries and blueberries for dessert (you can imagine what his face looked after all that!). He was full of giggles and claps and waves, when not nosing at other customers around him. At one stage he and Mae were waving at each other across the table, was very cute to watch.

2pm saw us at Gymbabes, Tom was in a very good mood and a very happy chappy. He enjoyed the songs and then went gallivanting around the equipment very well. He was all over the place, laughing and giggling away and he spent the whole time on his hands and knees, no belly flopping at all. He even managed to get over the medium sized wedge with no help at all, which was fantastic. At the end of the session, the group sang happy birthday to him and he was presented with a card.

Came home after a quick Costa. Tom was asleep in seconds. I put him in his cot on arrival home and he had another 3/4 hour. He didn't thank me for waking him up and grizzled most of the evening, but I expected that - he must have been extremely tired. He ate an ok dinner (only half of what I got out for him, but he was tired and had ate a lot during the day), then bath with me, bottle with dad and bed.

Must admit, I've been doing lots of reminiscing recently. This time last year, my waters broke, this time last year I ate a hot chilli, this time last year, I met up with the girls, this time last year I went into hospital etc etc. It is hard to believe it has been a year, it has gone so fast. Must say I've been enjoying Tom more and more recently, now I've caught up with some sleep and Tom is at a stage where every day I notice something in him has changed. It certainly is a very interesting time with him at the moment

Sorry, forgot to take a photo today.

No comments: