Search This Blog

Monday 1 February 2010

Naughty Gymbabe

A better night. Tom woke up at 9.30 crying. Once again his eyes were full of gunk again. So, we washed them out, calmed him down and put him back in his cot again. Didn't hear from him again until 4am, when I went in, settled him. Didn't think for a minute that he would go back to sleep, but he did. He was fast asleep when I woke him up at 7am.

He had a small breakfast and then back to his room for another nap after showing me that he could pull himself up on the table by the side of the sofa, move to the sofa arm and back to the table again. Not great steps, but the very beginning of his cruising career.

We then shot off to Asda to pick up some bits for dinner tonight (in the pram as it had been snowing and I'm not well known for a great sense of balance).

Once back Tom had a little play before heading out to Bridgnorth in the car as today is Gymbabes day. We met up with Rachel and Mae in Cinnamon for lunch. I had a ploughman's today which was really good, came with a boiled egg. Tom had quite a bit off my plate as he was being difficult again - loved the egg - playing with it that is, not sure how much of it he ate. Mae was also being difficult and ate about the same amount as Tom which reassured me.

We had a good Gymbabes session, there were only about 5 babies there today which meant a lot of room to play in. Tom was a little naughty, he shouted during the singing at the beginning and end. I think he just wanted to play on the equipment. He did really well during on the equipment - went through the tunnel about 5 times (once on his knees rather than his belly), went up a couple of wedges, had a swing, played in the ball pool and mirror pool and generally crawled happily along.

No Costa for us today as Rachel had to get back to feed the hens and it was only me and her today. Returned home, put Tom down to continue his sleep. Gave him a good hour, but had to work hard to wake him up - he wasn't pleased with me at all and grizzled the rest of the day.

Didn't eat a lot for dinner again - but I think he had enough to keep him satisfied. Then bath, bottle and bed. We will see what tonight brings...

Today's pic - he didn't want to get changed this morning, kept escaping my hold and crawling away from me. He even managed to stand up using his cot.

No comments: