Search This Blog

Friday 19 February 2010

Crocodile Food

,
So the night went well considering it was Tom's first in his tent. He woke at 3.30 just needed settling and again at 6.30. I had a terrible night, woke at 3am and didn't manage to get back asleep again until 5.30. Not sure why I couldn't sleep, didn't have anything on my mind. I tried dozing, reading, listening to comedy etc but I just couldn't get off again. Poo!

I put Tom down in his cot for his morning nap, didn't want to upset him before it as it is his shortest nap of the day. I spent the time finishing off my flowers for night school, they are all done now. Not sure if they are right, but I guess I'll find out when I go back after Japan.

Once awake we went out to run a couple of errands: return some library books, buy a new pair of jeans (mine are just about to fall apart, not what you need when we are about to go away), post some Cappuccino paperwork to the new owners etc etc. We decided we would pop into Wyevale for lunch. The restaurant has been relaunched, but they have put the prices up big time - over £6 for a baguette, so we walked out in a huff and went to the bakers on the parade and got a hot pork roll and a cheese salad roll for £4.50 and took them home to eat.

Tom did much better at lunch time today, I had cooked some butternut squash and carrots yesterday and pureed them to a fine pulp with some orange juice. He took mouthful after mouthful, so it's not that he isn't hungry, it's that he doesn't like textures or lumps. He did spit some out, but I scooped it up re-offered it to him and he took it second time round. Anyway I was happy with what he ate - the most in ages.

We had a little play before afternoon nap. We spent his nap time wisely, packed for ourselves, had a little rest and then cleaned the kitchen. I cooked up the remaining veggies in the fridge for Tom and once again pureed them finely. I put him down in his tent for his afternoon nap - I took a photo this time so you can see what I'm talking about. He was quite happily asleep in it.

The afternoon was pretty much run of the mill, we had play time which included being eaten by a crocodile, and trundling up and down on his trolley and on his car. He had another good meal for dinner, ate most of the veggie puree I made this afternoon with the remainder of the butternut squash as well as some rice cake and pudding so I'm very happy.

He had a good bath, bottle and then back to his tent for bed.

Oh as you know, we are off to Japan tomorrow. I will blog if I can find a computer and time...

No comments: