Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 February 2010

The dentist is rubbish

Worst night in ages! Tom kept waking up, crying for 5 to 10 seconds and then going back to sleep again. In the end I went in to see him at 3.30. Settled him down and that was the last we heard of him (should have gone in earlier!)

Today was quite busy. 10.20 saw us down at the dentist. I was pretty unimpressed by them. The hygienist looked at me as if I had bought an alien with me (not my usual hygienist who told me to bring Tom with me). I took him in his rucksack so he could sit and watch. The hygienist asked for a receptionist to come up to look over him whilst she saw to me. He was very well behaved, not a murmur from him. She wasn't as jolly as my normal hygienist and didn't polish which was a shame, that's the best bit. Next stop was the dentist. He did his usual 5 second look at my teeth to tell me that everything was ok, but just in case he wanted to take an x-ray as it had been 5 years since the last one. Big mistake. I had to leave Tom with the dental nurse, within a minute I could hear him bawling - felt so sorry for the dental nurse. It wasn't her fault. Guess what the x-ray said - my teeth are fine - I could have told him that. Next it was Tom's go. The dentist asked me how many teeth he's got and then asked me to part his lips so he could see them. He didn't go anywhere near Tom and didn't get a good look at them. I asked him for tips on how to brush the teeth of a baby and was told he didn't have any! The only tip he could give me was to change to adult toothpaste as soon as he turns 3. He was a bit taken aback when he asked me how I feed him (bottle or cup) and I said breast. I think it was a waste of time taking him. We are both booked in again in 6 months time.

Next stop was shopping - went to Matalan to get Tom a balloon for tomorrow and buy some more cards for all the other babies who are turning one. We then had lunch in the Tesco cafe, before going to Asda and buying food in for the week. Got home at 2pm, put Tom down in his cot and quickly cleared the house just in time for Mum and Dad to arrive.

Mum and Dad arrived just as I finished clearing the house - phew! Had a cup of tea before Tom woke up, then it was playtime - yeah! Mum and Dad brought his Christmas pressie with them (couldn't fit it in the car when we came home). He looks quite pleased with himself on it don't you think and very stable?

I gave him dinner (he was naughty and kept spitting everything out). His Pop Pop then gave him a bath. He got very excited, lots of giggles and splashing took place. I then popped off to cake course leaving them with stew and cider.

No comments: