Search This Blog

Sunday 14 February 2010

Granma and Pop Pop go home

We didn't have a good night last night. But it wasn't really Tom's fault. I was snoring as soon as I fell asleep. Matt kept waking me up to tell me. He couldn't sleep through my snoring. We ended up having a tiff as I didn't enjoy being woken up. In the end I resolved to stay awake until Matt was asleep, but then I couldn't sleep. Tom woke up crying at 3am and I was happy to get out of bed to see to him. Matt and I made up, but it was too late, neither of us could sleep. Matt ended up going downstairs and I finally got to sleep, but then Tom woke me up at 5am and 6am.

Mum and Dad didn't have a good night either. Both of them managed to develop a cold overnight and weren't feeling well. They decided that they wanted their own bed and home and left in the morning after Tom's nap.

We decided to have a good walk as it was a nice day, so headed off to Telford Town Park and parked in the free car park. We walked into the town centre - went to Asda to pick up bits and had lunch then we did part of the South Telford Heritage Trail. Found some really nice bits of Telford. Cottages set in the park, horses passing by, felt like we were in the countryside and not a town. Tom still isn't himself. We think he is teething and in pain. He fell asleep in the rucksack at 1pm which is really early for him. He looked very peaceful.

We came home after the walk. Matt washed the car (he is going to become a weekend washer) me and Tom played inside. He's got so many new toys now it is fun playing with him. He had a good session racing up and down the hall way sat on his walker.

He stayed reasonably happy for the rest of the day. Oh, forgot to mention he ate a really good lunch and dinner which was good. He also managed a good bath, but cried when he came out. We didn't hear from him for the night.

No comments: