Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Sick day

It's been a strange old day today. Had an ok night last night. We decided to sleep in different rooms as we need to bank good sleep now in time for the flight and jet lag. Tom woke at 5am, but got himself off without any intervention and was asleep when I went in to get him at 7am which was good.

He had a very small breakfast (what's new) and then when I put him back in his cot for his morning nap he went mental (first time in months). He cried and cried and I have no idea why. After about half an hour he finally fell asleep, but he was awake again 30 mins later and he woke in a bad mood. He was grumpy then for the rest of the morning.

Took him to baby clinic to get weighed, first time with his clothes on today. He weighed 21lb which is an increase of 1lb, but they say to allow 1lb for clothes and nappy, so really he hasn't put on any weight, but at least he hasn't lost any.

Came home, fed Tom some lunch. As has become normal now he would take a mouthful or two and then start spitting everything out. I have discovered that to ignore this behaviour and just scoop it up and offer it again seems to work, and he seems to take it again, but it takes for ever to feed him as he keeps spitting it out all the time. He then had play time (during which he was sick - oh joy) before going down for his afternoon nap.

During nap time I joined Matt in the office as he has had a reorganisation and wanted me to go through some bits. We managed to throw away quite a bit which was good and we didn't hear a peep out of Tom for two hours (thought I would let him have a longer nap as he had such a bad morning nap). When I went up to get him, he was happily sitting in his cot playing with his toys. He was in a much nicer mood which was good.

I took him quickly to Asda to pick up some bits for Japan (mainly food for Tom - want to take some emergency provisions just in case he gets difficult) . Came home. Tried Tom on some different food for dinner. I saw Rachel feed Mae some adult rice cakes with Philadelphia the other day and thought that might be a good idea for Tom - finger food and something I know he likes (the rice cake anyway). It was a disaster, he just threw the rice cakes on the floor - of course they landed cheese side down on my nice clean floor. Jodie thought it was a great game and ate up everything. I then tried some toast - nope, all that landed on the floor as well. In the end he had some puree and that was it! 10 minutes later he was sick again! Not a good day for food.

He seemed to be in good spirits though and had a good play before bath with his Dad (went well) and bottle (went well) and bed. My new trick this week has been to put a spare dummy in his cot at night time, so if he wakes up and can't find the one he went to sleep with he has a spare. Today when I put him down I showed him where the spare dummy was. Didn't quite work, he kept rolling over to grab it and then sat up and gave it back to me! In the end I put it at the bottom of his cot where he couldn't see it and left him to it.

Have heard the odd noise from him this evening, but nothing too bad.

No comments: