Search This Blog

Sunday 31 January 2010

Goodbye Car

Another bad night, but not as bad as yesterday. Tom woke up at 12.00 (plugged with dummy) again at 3am (ditto) and again at 4am (dosed with Calprofen). I think he has conjunctivitus as he started crying big time around 8.30pm last night. When we went up both his eyes were full of gunk and his eyes were bloodshot. Matt had to hold his head whilst I flushed them with salted cool boiled water. Lots of screaming was involved, but we got there, gave him some Calprofen and held him until he was calm. He then went back into his cot without a protest, but it was horrible to see. I also have a sticky eye today - guess I have got it from him. I had a better night - I got very hot at one stage, but nothing like yesterday.

Matt woke me up at 7am (he slept downstairs again as I, apparently was snoring very loudly). Was a struggle to open my eyes and get going, but we got there in the end. Tom was sound asleep when I went in to get him. He was cheerful enough, but not as energetic as he normally is. Had breakfast - he only had a little again (so much for building him up - he's going to be under 20lbs again soon if he continues like this) and then a little play before morning nap.

At 10am on the dot, a guy from BaxterStorey came round and picked up the car - was sad to say goodbye to it. We then headed into Telford Town Centre as we were going to take Tom to the Dr about his eyes. Got there to discover they aren't open on Sundays anymore - so much for 7 day access! As we had time on our hands we decided to go to the park for a swing. It had snowed a lot more in the centre than with us (a sprinkling with us and a couple of centimeters at the park) which meant the park was empty so we had a swing, see-saw and a slide, all with big grins. Tom then decided to cry when he was put back in his pram and wheeled through the shopping centre back to the car - oh hum.

We went for lunch at Sam's in Long Lane and then dropped in to see Carol and Graham - as mad and as busy as always. Came home (I drove this time, had trouble with a twitchy foot and a very twitchy hand - the new car is automatic, but I wanted to drive it manually) It certainly has lots of power. Very scary driving the car, it is the first time in 5 years that our main car is Matt's - puts the pressure on.

Tom fell asleep in the car, I put him in his cot when we got back so he could continue his nap, but he wouldn't have it. That worries me about tonight...

Nothing significant happened in the afternoon - he had a better dinner than he has managed recently, but still not as much as he was eating - I guess bit by bit his appetite is getting better again. He then had bath, bottle and bed, which he did in good humour. One strange thing though, he had mottled cheeks this afternoon - is that a sympton of teething / cold / conjunctivitis / other? Answers on a postcard please.

No comments: