Search This Blog

Monday 8 March 2010

Back home to sun

We had a much better night than expected. Matt and I were awake at 3.30 and 5am at which stage we gave up. Tom woke up at 5.30 and would not go back down again - so we had an early start to the day, but can't complain.

It was a beautiful day, clear blue skies which made being back home much nicer. After collecting Jodie from kennels we decided to go out for lunch in Ironbridge and then go for a walk with Tom in the pram. We all needed some fresh air and the two of us needed to stretch our legs. We had a lovely afternoon. Ironbridge was looking its best and we were all in high spirits. Tom had a good length nap in his pram.

He woke up when we put him in the car and then spent the afternoon feeling pretty tired. He kept trying to nuzzle into me for a sleep, but we managed to keep him going until 6pm when we gave him his bath. Matt joined him in the bath but soon called out to me as Tom was falling asleep in the water. I quickly dressed him (very floppy, not a wriggling octopus as usual), gave him his bottle and put him down to bed. I checked up on him later at 8.30 when Matt and I retired to bed to find him in exactly the same position as that I left him in - he hadn't moved an inch - must have been exhausted poor thing.

No comments: