Search This Blog

Friday 12 March 2010

Tea Party

Today Tom was invited to Sam and Oliver's birthday party. It was supposed to be held last week, but Sam was ill, meaning that it got postponed which was good for us.

I thought it was just going to be a gathering of the mums and babies, but Rachel and Amanda had organised a proper tea party. There were heart shaped egg sandwiches, homemade chicken and apple balls and salmon balls, homemade cup cakes, jelly and ice cream as well as a cake. Tom was very hungry and scoffed everything put in front of him, in fact he ate more than all the other babies which makes a change.

We also played pass the parcel, during which each baby won a prize (of course), and then we were given party bags with books, more cake, a cookie cutter etc. I felt really guilty as I had come empty handed - I had already sent cards and thought that would be enough, not realising what was in store. I even took food with me for Tom expecting to feed him myself. I hope they don't think I'm mean.

Came home around 3pm, put Tom straight to bed, getting him up in time to take him to the Drs for his MMR and another booster. Tom didn't cry after the first injection - I was so proud of him. He did cry after the second one, but calmed down after not to long and managed a smile for the nurse.

He then had a late dinner (still ate quite a bit), late bath and late bed.

Photo - as well as a real tea party, there was also a toy tea party going on. All the babies loved it, especially the fairy cakes.

No comments: