Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 March 2010

I like to throw

Another strange night. Once again Tom didn't sleep that well between 7 and midnight. Kept waking up and grizzling. I gave him a shot of Calprofen at 10pm as he was hot to touch. He carried on grizzling for a little while, but he eventually settled and went to sleep. He was awake again around 2am, went in to settle again and that was it until I went in to get him at 7am. He seemed ok at 7am, no red cheeks, good mood etc, however, his nappy wasn't great again.

Breakfast was a little hard work, but we got there eventually and he ate enough. I put him down for his nap at 9 and decided to wait for him to wake before getting him up. By the time it had got to 11 I had itchy feet, so got him up - surely 2 hours is more than enough, he normally only has 1 hour. He woke up with two bright red cheeks, but in good humour, so we had a play. Today's trick was throwing bricks from his walker down the stairs. He has spent the last couple of days throwing things away - food, stacking cups and now bricks. Finding that they go down a long way through the banisters was lots of fun.

He had an OK (ish) lunch. It started off well - eating one of my cottage pies, but before too long it turned into full grizzle mode. I sat and ate my lunch with him, which got his interest up, so he ended up helping me (Ryvita and cottage cheese - not exactly haute cuisine)

By 1pm he was sleepy again (how?) so I put him back in his cot. He slept for another 1.5 hours before I woke him up. Both cheeks were back to normal - phew, he fed from me briefly and I discovered a solid poo - yahoo.

Matt took him out in the drizzle to Asda for a couple of purchases (he's winding down and has some free time). I spent a good hour or so doing more on my cake marketing. I'm trying to think of a name to market myself at the moment - haven't come up with anything good yet. I also need to bake a cake to put my sugar flowers in - they look a little poor on their own and will pass for a wedding cake if I put together. I might bake a fruit cake and then use that as a 'dummy' for photos - they last forever.

We had a happy afternoon, Tom was definitely feeling much better this afternoon. He had an OK dinner, didn't try anything different, just a couple of Ella's sachets. We then had a happy bath (new trick, throwing all toys out of bath onto carpet) before bottle and bed. Haven't heard from him yet and I had by this time yesterday, so fingers crossed he's having a better sleep tonight.

Video below: Tom throwing blocks down the stairs!

No comments: