Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 March 2010

I'm disappointed with the Hairy Bikers

We all had a brilliant night's sleep yahoo. Matt woke me up once complaining of snoring, but I turned over and went straight back to sleep. Matt can't remember being awake a long time so it couldn't have been that bad. Couldn't believe it when the alarm went off at 7am, I was convinced we had forgotten to reset the alarm from yesterday and was quite upset to see it was actually time to get up (a sign of a good sleep I guess!)

So we are back to normal today (humpfh!) and that means the diet. I weighed myself first thing expecting to have put some weight back on - I am now heavier than I was when I started the diet - poo! Why does it take no time at all to put weight on and ages and ages to get it off, it's not as if I was eating really badly and I was active and burning the calories keeping warm (especially during the Northern Lights tour)

So, as Lucy was round today, Tom and I got out of her way and went to Tesco to buy some healthy food. Came home with lots of bargains: leg of lamb - half price, leg of pork - half price, Gressingham duck - half price - all too good not to miss (guess I'm going to be having lots of red days in the near future). I also bought a whole load of stir fry type veg and spices so we can be good with the left overs. We are going to have a Hairy Bikers special tonight - Kerala Prawns (one we saw them cook live) - very healthy for them as well (as long as we don't have them with the deep fried parathas they suggest).

Not much happened in the afternoon, it rained pretty hard so we stayed in. Tom had a good play and crawl up and down the hallway. He then had an ok dinner, bath, bottle and bed.

I made the prawns for dinner and was a little disappointed. The recipe was for 4 so I halved everything including the spice mixture and ended up with a tasteless mixture. I will make it again and use the full compliment of spice to see if it makes a difference.

No comments: