Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 March 2010

A bigger boy (but not much)

Another good night for Tom, but I was wide awake at 4.30. Matt was snoring next to me, so I ended up playing on my ipod for over an hour to pass the time. Tom ate a huge breakfast and then had his nap whilst I did yet another load of laundry and tried to get the house in order (why is it sooooo easy to trash, yet so hard to tidy?)

11am saw us at St John's Church in Muxton. Being in Japan has given me the impetus I needed to do something about the extra pounds I'm carrying around (I felt soooooooo fat there). So I have returned to the aerobics class with attached creche that I did about 6 months ago. I was pleasantly surprised in that I wasn't as hugely out of breathe that I thought I would be, although the crunches etc at the end were very painful and I didn't manage the full set without a break.

Next week, once I'm completely over the jet lag I think I might start the Slimming World diet again - it seemed to work last time I did it, just need to find my book, study it, get rid of all the naughty food in the house and buy in some healthy stuff.

Came back, Tom had an enormous lunch and then a play whilst Matt and I ate ours. He then went off to bed, whilst I carried on trying to sort out the house.

The afternoon saw us at baby clinic as I was curious to see how much weight Tom put on in Japan as he ate so well. He is now 21lb 5oz, so he put 5oz. I was a little surprised, I expected more, but then again he has been quite active. Tom is enjoying standing at the moment. He will go into the lounge, pull out his toys, scatter them over the floor, and then spend the rest of the day standing - whether it be by the sofa, the table, using the banisters.

Tom had another very good dinner (last one in his present high chair as it is going back to the Watson's this week, his new one arrived today and looks very smart (nice wooden one which can be adjusted as Tom grows bigger - much smarter than ours anyway)). Then bath, bottle and bed. I gave Tom his bottle this evening, he decided that he was going to feed it to himself and took it off me. He did a good job.

Today's pic - as I said he likes to stand at the moment. It is really hard to get him to sit in the bath!

No comments: