Search This Blog

Monday 15 March 2010

Me and my sister

We didn't have a very good night last night. Tom woke up just as we went to bed, then again at 12am, and then between 1.30 and 2.30 he was awake crying every 10 minutes or so. I was just about to put him in bed with us when I didn't hear from him again. Not sure what it was, although I suspect it was teething as I noticed that the whole of a bottom molar is through today.

He had a massive breakfast, so it hasn't affected his appetite. In fact it was his biggest yet, he had 1.5 weetabix, a whole banana and a slice of toast. That's equivalent to an adult isn't it? I, in contrast had half a grapefruit. I am trying to go on a health drive and today was day one. I weighed myself this morning, am too ashamed to share with you how much I was, but it is the heaviest I have ever been (excepting when I was pregnant) so I really do need to do something about it. Let's hope I can find continued motivation to make sure I am successful.

I put him down for his morning nap as usual, but I'm unsure as to if he did actually sleep. Matt looked in on him after 10 minutes and he was sat in his cot playing with his toys. I peeped in 10 minutes later and he was still playing. When I went in to get him after an hour, he was still sat up and playing with his toys and didn't have a red cheek or look vaguely sleepy.

After a book session we strolled round to Asda, I needed to get some healthy food, so raided the fresh fruit and veg section as well as getting in some cottage cheese etc.

Came home, had lunch (Tom ate very well again), then nap for him prior to our journey to Bridgnorth and gymbabes. Tom wasn't the best behaved baby for the songs at the beginning, wanting only to wriggle and grizzle, but once let loose on the gym equipment he was pretty happy. Today, he concentrated on the tunnel, he must have gone through it at least 10 times. It was only us and Rachel and Mae today, not sure where everyone else was, but we had a lovely time and retired to Costa afterwards to recover.

Tom fell asleep in the car on the way back, but soon woke up when he knew dinner was on the way, once again he ate very very well. He then had a good bath, bottle and bed. We haven't heard from him yet...

No comments: